Meat House 無肉不歡 is a San Jose, CA business offering seafood, poultry, pork, beef, and lamb via in-store pickup, shipping, and delivery. They opened an online store with Airmart in July 2021 but decided to switch to Shopify in November 2022. The owner was interested in the mailing list tool, data dashboard, and customizable storefront Shopify had to offer.
But by mid-December, Meat House was back on Airmart.
Why did this merchant choose Airmart over Shopify?
- Pre-orders: Pre-ordering did not work well for Meat House customers on Shopify, whereas Airmart was made for pre-orders. On Shopify, store owners must download a separate pre-order app, and there are limitations on how customers can pay for pre-orders.
- Mobile app experience: Meat House prefers Airmart’s mobile app over Shopify’s because it is easier to navigate logging in and managing orders.
- Offline payments: Airmart allows sellers to accept cash, Venmo, PayPal, and Zelle for online orders. Shopify allows PayPal and credit cards only.
- Listing products: Meat House had trouble listing products on Shopify, but finds it quick and easy on Airmart.
- Functionality: Shopify didn’t have the forms and features Meat House needed to run their business.
- Ease of use: Meat House had to hire an additional employee to manage their Shopify account, but with Airmart, they can run their online store on their own.